Sunday, September 1, 2013

Bingle's Fastissima 120mm in Jet Nut strass.

These have been a pet project of mine, collecting dust for almost two years until one day I decided to just go for it. I painted them blue and began strassing the pair with Preciosa Jet AB crystals. And like most of my personal projects, I became bored with the idea. As such, I ripped the crystals off and brainstormed a plan B. I was in the process of strassing two pairs of Pigalle 120 at the time - one in Silver Night and the other in Crystal Dorado, both having been painted that bronze-y milk chocolate tone. I had extra paint, so I went ahead and painted these Fastissima having no clue what stone I'd use on them. Well, I had purchased a bunch of Jet Nut awhile back to use on my own sneakers, but again I never got around to working with them. So those too were collecting the proverbial dust in a jar somewhere. When I'm struck with inspiration, I go for it. I'm impulsive that way. Luckily, my spontaneity paid off. Jet Nut worked beautifully on this particular style and transformed a rather edgy-looking bootie into a more wearable shoe. Well, 'wearable' is used loosely.

Strassing: $1,600/Painting: $55/Shipping: $50










2 comments:

  1. High heel's are not preferred but with the design and the style these shoes will look great.It is highly recommended for parties.

    Thanks
    Barker Marine

    Men Shoes UK


    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that i want to get under those covers and cuddle with them?
    Owning a pair of CL's is a dream, but owning a pair of CL's strassed by you is the cherry on top :)

    ReplyDelete